For one of the cutest and easiest Halloween desserts to make, try these yummy Mummy Pops! People are going to think you have channeled Martha Stewart!
8 straws or lollipop sticks
11 oz. chocolate, melted
8 Nutter Butters
1 c. buttercream frosting (homemade or store bought)
Mini M&M’s, for the eyes
- Melt the chocolate in a dish that will be deep enough for you to dip the cookies into it. You can melt the chocolate in the microwave or in a double boiler on the stove. All you have to do to make a double boiler is to place a dish over a pan of gently boiling water and stir until melted.
- Take the Nutter Butter cookies apart
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly dip straws or lollipop sticks into chocolate before placing on the open Nutter Butter. Press the pieces back together, then dip the entire cookie into melted chocolate until completely coated. (Allow excess chocolate to drip back into pan.)
- Place the dipped cookie onto parchment paper to set, about 25 minutes (to speed up the process, transfer pops to the refrigerator for 10 minutes).
- Fill a pastry bag fitted with a straight flat tip with buttercream and pipe from side to side. Fill another bag with chocolate, lightly cover backside (the one with the logo) of M&M’s minis, and press onto cookie pops. Dot each M&M with chocolate to finish eyes. Green eyes would also look cool.
- Set aside at least 1 hour to fully set.