The holidays are all about sweets! You can whip up a dazzling and delicious dessert without much fuss that will please a crowd with a few simple ingredients. Great for Pot Lucks or family gatherings!
- 2 store-bought refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 1/3 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 c. light corn syrup
- 6 eggs
- 3 c. Pecan halves
- 2 c. semisweet chocolate chips, divided
Directions: Preheat oven to 375º
- Lay out pie crusts so that they will fit the bottom and sides of a 13” x 9” pan. Use a rolling pin to flatten out the center where they overlap, until you’ve created a rectangle large enough to fit the pan. Place crust in pan, smoothing out any tears or folds.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk brown sugar, corn syrup, and eggs together. Add 1 cup of chocolate chips and 1 cup of pecans. Pour mixture in the pan, creating a smooth layer. Bake for 25-27 minutes, or until the pecan mixture has turned a deep golden brown and has mostly set in the center. Cool, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Before serving, melt the remaining chocolate chips in the microwave in 25-second intervals, stirring in between. Drizzle atop pie, then cut into bars.