You’re going to love this recipe because it’s so easy to make and looks so fancy! Not to mention being yummy too! It’s basically a freeform pie and you use a store bought dough! Other fruits can be substituted if desired -plums, apples, pears, etc. And if you’re camping, it can be cooked on the grill – just need something for a cover.
- 6 large peaches
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg whisked
- Slice peaches into thin slices. Try to slice them as evenly as possible so that they will cook at the same time. Place them into a bowl and sprinkle them with sugar, corn starch, and cinnamon. Toss until well coated.
Assembling the Pie
- Roll out the purchased pie dough into a circle on a sheet pan or pizza pan
- Starting from the middle of the dough arrange the peach slices in circles. Be careful to leave enough space on the outer edges about 3 inches – so you can fold it over to form the crust.
- Whisk the eggs together with the water. Brush the crust with the egg wash and sprinkle on the sugar. If you have coarse sugar or turbinado sugar it makes a real statement!
- Bake at 415°F for 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Enjoy!