You’re gonna love this easy InstaPot Jambalaya for Mardi Gras Celebrations. Of course, increase or decrease the spice level to your desired level for maximum enjoyment! It’s also easy to change out ingredients to make seafood jambalaya. Booyah!
Laissez les bon Temps Roule!
- 2 Tablespoons oil , divided
- 12 ounces andouille sausages cut into 1/4 in. thick slices
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 yellow onion , chopped
- 1 green bell pepper , seeded and chopped
- 3 green onions , chopped
- 3 ribs celery , chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasonings
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes , undrained
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Turn instant pot to saute setting. Add oil. Once hot, add sausage slices, cooking until browned, about 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate.
- Add remaining oil to the pot.
- Add the chicken and cook for one minute, scraping up the browned bits from the sausage. Turn instant pot off. Add onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the Cajun seasoning, dried basil, thyme, sugar and rice and stir to combine.
- Add the diced tomatoes and their juices, chicken broth, and salt.
- Secure the instant pot lid and turn valve to sealing.
- Cook on Manual High Pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer beeps, allow the pressure to naturally release for 5 minutes, and then quick release the remaining pressure.
- Carefully open the lid and gently fluff the rice with a fork. Add the sausages on top of the rice and return the IP lid to let the mixture rest for an additional 5 minutes. Stir lightly and enjoy!