You are going to love this green chile, potato and turkey pie.
It’s a very tasty way to use up your leftover turkey.
- 1 package unbaked pie shells, 2 pie shells total
- 5 eggs, four whole eggs, and one yolk, reserve egg white from fifth egg
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 roasted and chopped green chiles
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and sliced very thin
- 2-3 cups shredded turkey
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-blend or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Beat eggs in a medium-sized bowl. Whisk in cream and milk. Add the chopped green chile, salt and pepper, and stir well.
- Place one pie crust in the bottom and up the sides of a deep pie pan. Add potatoes in one flat layer, then turkey and cheese. Pour chile-egg mixture carefully over the top (the pie pan will be very full), taking care to ensure that the green chile is spread evenly over the top.
- Top with second pie crust (a lattice style is easy and looks pretty) and brush with reserved egg white. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes or until egg and potatoes are fully cooked through (top with foil halfway through baking if the crust gets too browned).
Allow pie to cool for 15 minutes, then cut and serve.