Hot Dog Cooker
Easy Project to Do with the Kids!
No flames are needed for kids to cook hot dogs this summer once they've created this fun and easy aluminum foil Hot Dog Roaster.
What you'll need:
· 1 cylindrical oatmeal container with lid
· Sharp scissors
· Aluminum foil
· Hole puncher
· Long wooden skewer (for shish-ka-bobs)
· Plastic wrap, optional
How to make it:
1. Remove the lid from the container and cut in half.
2. Use the sharp scissors and cut the container in half lengthwise.
3. Punch a hole in the lid and in the bottom of the container about 1/2 way from the cut end.
4. Replace the half lid on the container.
5. Cover the whole container with aluminum foil. Make sure you leave the holes open.
6. Place a hotdog on the wooden dowel and place the ends of the dowel through the holes.
Place out in the sunlight and let the hotdog roast until cooked all the way through. You may wish to cover with foil or plastic wrap.